AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS IN RICHMOND, VA
Automobile accidents can be devastating, causing severe injuries or even death. To best protect your rights, call one of our attorneys immediately after the accident. We represent injured drivers, passengers and pedestrians.
There is no cost for a consultation and our fee is paid directly from the amount you are awarded from the insurance company. Our caring attorneys handle every aspect of your case, even helping you to arrange for excellent medical treatment and paying medical bills.
Protecting your rights at the accident scene
What you do at the accident scene can affect the amount of damages that you may recover. We recommend that clients:
- Call the police immediately
- Call an ambulance if you or your passengers are hurt or even think you have sustained injuries, no matter how slight
- Leave the scene in the ambulance to get immediate medical treatment rather than driving yourself to a doctor later
- Do not move your vehicle until the police arrive, unless the vehicle must be moved for safety reasons
- Obtain the name, address, driver’s license number and insurance information from the other driver
- Take pictures of the scene before anyone moves the vehicles. We recommend that you carry a camera in your car at all times, or own a cell phone that has a camera on it. This way you can be ready to take photographs of the vehicle and the accident scene should an accident occur.
- Do not accept a quick settlement from the insurance company. You need time to determine the full extent of your injuries.
Lawyers on your side
Its important that you wait to have one of our attorneys on your side before giving documents or statements to anyone, including your own insurance company. Do not sign anything without our review, even your insurance company’s authorization to review your medical records. You should not cash a check sent to you by the insurance company until we have reviewed it, because you may be forfeiting the right to collect future damages – without knowing it.
Investigating your case
We conduct a thorough investigation of all aspects of your case by:
- Interviewing the responding police officers
- Obtaining police and accident reports
- Taking photographs of the scene and vehicles
- Obtaining witness statements
- reviewing vehicle damage reports and repair estimates
It is especially important to have Hutchens & Hutchens, PC represent you if a truck is involved in your accident. Truck drivers and trucking companies are subject to special federal and state driving rules because they are involved in interstate travel. Truckers are required to:
- Limit the number of hours driven at one time
- Limit the number of hours on the road
- Maintain a detailed driving log
- adhere to vehicle inspection schedules
- preserve inspection record
Giving clients the attention they deserve
We are experienced attorneys ready to represent you in personal injury and criminal matters. Contact us to discuss your case on our local number – (804) 282-1212 or, on our toll-free number (800) 229-1214. or contact us online.